Three marketing agencies, three multinational corporations, one university, my own shop...
Senior digital copywriter — a>m Digital Services 2014-present
Writing the truth about cats and dogs for a client dominant in the animal health industry. Planning and crafting clear, optimized, regulatory-compliant content for busy, distractible audiences (clinician-facing and DTC).
►Digital media: email campaigns, Google Ad Words, sa|es-force tools, website content, optimized landing pages, social media messaging and banner ad copywriting.
Business writer and content-marketing consultant
1999 – 2014
I started Bridgman Content in 1999 in Oxford, when I had the opportunity to work on a book project for Lonely Planet. At the same time, I published a series of food/beverage articles for Nightclub & Bar and Restaurant Marketing magazines.
- Contemporary Media - custom publishing (feature writing)
- Optimal Process - marketing custom web apps
- Terminix - sales force magazine
- Veoh.com, San Diego - internet television, brand voice and "about us" content
- MD2P.net - medical patient education collateral
- Buckman Laboratories - collateral
- Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles
- Co-author of Lonely Planet travel guide, Louisiana & the Deep South
- Cambridge Technology Partners (co-wrote white paper on globalizing enterprise sites)
- Adams Keegan - Web site content overhaul and refresh for national HRMS and BPO provider.
- Via Southern Growth Studio: market research, branding, social media content strategy, copywriting and white papers for Jack Nicklaus Companies, Polycor, and Top Rx, as well as digital content planning, writing and photography for Intechra, SunTrust Online Banking, Ideal Chemical and Dermaflage.
Corporate marketing communications
Marketing manager — Oracle and SAP practices 2011-2013
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is a global IT services, consulting and business solutions organization; part of the Tata Group, India's largest corporate conglomerate. TCS competes with Accenture, PwC, Deloitte, IBM, CapGemini, Infosys, Wipro and Cognizant.
- My responsibilities include global marketing communications support for TCS' Oracle, SAP, CRM and Microsoft consulting practices.
- Strategic planning: Supporting market research and analysis projects and applying the resulting strategies across all marketing plans.
- Content creation: Writing and researching web content, white papers, thought leadership content, case studies and brochures.
See my portfolio.
2007 – 2009
London-based medical technology manufacturer. Its orthopaedics business unit is headquartered in Memphis.
Marketing communications manager
Responsibilities included digital salesforce communication, product positioning for Orthopaedic Trauma implants/technologies, collateral development, creative strategies.
- Trauma editor for salesforce extranet content, helping guide structure and content of TraumaLife (quarterly), SalesLife Week, SalesLife Online.
- Project manager for development of promotional materials and surgeon-facing Web content.
- Creation and report/analysis of online surveys to sales/distributor network.
- Developed and executed a bulk SMS (text-messaging) program for internal audience.
- Client contact to advertising agencies, interactive and video production vendors.
Advertising & public relations agencies
full-service advertising agency
Public relations manager
- Led media relations team.
- Senior copywriter for media releases, features, white papers, client bios/profiles, web content.
- Designed content structure and researched usability standards for online press centers.
- Research & strategic planning support (business development & client services).
business process outsourcing (BPO)
| medical technology
- Three PRSA VOX awards for speech writing, op-ed writing, media kits.
- Client coverage with CNNfn, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, The Times (London), Popular Science, This Old House (print & broadcast).
- Positioned BPO firm Primacy Relocation (principal client) as industry thought-leader via planning/execution of content and media relations for dual national ranking-surveys on cities’ viability for relocating families and singles, resulting in 800% improvement in organic search results.
- Drove successful media-relations campaigns to place agency executives on Memphis Business Journal’s “Top 40 Under 40,” two client firms to Business Tennessee magazine’s Fast50, and two client firms to MBJ’s “Best of Memphis.”
Largest advertising agency between Dallas and Atlanta
Account service and content (public relations, interactive, advertising) for FORTUNE 500 food & beverage companies Kraft Food Ingredients and The Food Technologies division of Praxair (Union Carbide).
- Created and implemented new system for measuring ROI of media coverage in trade media.
- Analyzed story angles of existing coverage of client competitors, advised client executives on observed trends and newsworthy opportunities.
- Publishing and editing interactive content, periodicals, and promotional materials
- University Web Planning Committee
- Brand/publication strategy for the launch of Sally McDonnell-Barksdale Honors College, university sesquicentennial and numerous development projects.
- Reviewed/approved materials for brand and graphic identity compliance
- As Acting Director, supervised staff of 12 designers, editors, photographers and assistants for 6 months.
University of Memphis
BA in English,
Nicklaus Companies, 2011 competitive research/analysis
via Southern Growth Studio
freelance clients and publications
Orthopaedic Trauma video loop (sped up for your convenience)
One of two CNN appearances for Primacy Relocation CEO Matt Spinolo, discussing the Best Cities for Relocating Families survey (I was project director).
Project Phoenix was a 30-month "bulldoze" of International Paper's
servers, desktop/laptop hardware, and operating system (good old Windows 2000) for 36,000 corporate users worldwide. I organized content and photography for the project's Web site. I wrote and edited all the text for the "Flight Manual" that each employee received. And I planned an implemented a large-scale communications rollout for the 4,000 Memphis-area employees.