marketing communications manager with five years of experience in agencies, five
years on the client side in corporate communications and five years with
editorial departments of industry magazines.
- Brand positioning and creative messaging strategies for competitive markets and
- Produce integrated marketing plans, creative briefs & competitive intelligence.
- Plan web and mobile content for internal and external readerships.
- Organize and integrate online pressroom content based on journalists’ preferences/habits.
- Discover what is authentically newsworthy about your company and make it news.
- Position your company's executives as thought leaders within their field, positioning them as go-to predictors of future industry trends.
Tactics and deliverables
- Content editorial: planning, writing and integrating web, social and email copy (CMS-ready).
- Business writing: feature articles, case studies, executive biographies, native advertising, white papers, op-ed columns and speeches.
- Media relations: strategic planning, press releases, talking points and media pitches.
- Print collateral development
- Trade-show and conference marketing
- Vendor management
- Adobe CS: Photoshop and Acrobat Professional, enough InDesign to update copy
- Apple iWork: iDVD, iMovie (video editing), Keynote, Pages
- Microsoft Sharepoint, Joomla and Google Sites content management systems
- Social content marketing strategy and execution (I have controlled as many as 10 Twitter accounts simultaneously with Tweetdeck and Hootsuite)
- Bulk SMS text-messaging to internal audiences
- MS Office: “Super-user” in Word and PowerPoint, proficient enough in Excel to not harm anyone.
- Google Drive apps (used as collaborative project management space)
- Basecamp - end user in large interactive agency environment
Video editing project (below) Just for fun, I mixed this
photography with Apple's iMovie video production app: